Facial Feminization Surgery
(FFS) and Scalp
Scalp advancement is a facial feminization surgery that can reshape and
bring forward male hairlines.
Scalp Advancement Procedure
- General or local anesthesia is given
- An incision is made along the hairline
- A section of forehead skin at the hairline is removed
- The scalp is lifted and pulled forward
- There is a limit to how far the scalp can be moved in one go and two or more separate advances several months apart may be required to achieve the desired result.
Scalp Advancement Recovery
- A visible scar exists, but it will typically be too faint to be
- Micro hair grafts in front of the scar will help hide the scar.
Scalp Advancement Complications
- The scalp can pull back and elevate the brow into a very abnormal position, causing the appearance of extreme surprise. A good surgeon can give good results.